There's plenty of beer blogs out there: we're bringing you the latest posts from those that impress us the most. Know of a blog that beats those here? Let us know! Comments can be added to the post below the blogroll. We're always on the lookout for great beer blogging.


Blog Roll

Friday 13 July 2012

Beer blog roundup w/e 13th July 2012

This has been the first time in a long time that I've surfed through the beer blogs. Here's what's caught my eye this week.

Style is often a contentious issue amongst beer lovers. Fuggled has an interesting take on how IPA may now be little more than a "meaningless marketing term".

I'd have liked to have been a fly on the wall when a recruitment consultant told Kristy McCready that running a pub wasn't a "proper job". Having recently had experience of consultants who could barely spell the world 'job', never mind find me one, she showed commendable restraint.

Slightly more than a week ago, I know, but it's good to catch up with Kelly 'Tigger' Ryan as his brewpub plans down under begin to take shape - literally. But if he keeps posting pictures of sun-kissed beaches, this may be the last time he gets a mention ;-)

I'm sure the beer's great too, but after reading Andy Mogg's Smoked Chili & Fennell Pizza, I know what I'm having for lunch very, very soon.

Let's finish with a blog that's new to me. David J Bascome at Good Morning has an interesting observation about keg beer: "If you want your beer warmer, let it warm up". I've had a few keg beers whose flavours have been unlocked after warming a while. And more than a few which became undrinkable. Is letting keg beer become warmer - and flatter - defeating the object? How cold is too cold, given that some bars shove new-wave keg lines alongside those super-cooled for lager? Is this a can of worms to back away from?

More of this malarkey next week.

1 comment:

Mike Blackstone said...

Have a look at the Beer North West blog. Http://beerstagger.blogspot.co.uk.